Co-operative Education at FSS
Co-operative Education is a joint effort between the school and the local business community to provide learning experiences for students through work placements. Students investigate real-world work applications in a chosen subject area. Work placements can take place in laboratories, small businesses, offices, manufacturing facilities or daycare centres - virtually in any business that is in a position to host a student. Students begin the program with a two week "in-school" component before placements begin.
Students in coop:
- earn high school credits
- gain work experience
- develop interpersonal skills
- identify their capabilities and limitations
- develop skills, knowledge and attitudes required for employment
- check out prospective careers
- meet and "network" with potential employers
- acquire valuable references for future employment
For more information contact Laurie McEwen or Aaron Kenney, Co-operative Education Teachers at 613-389-2130.